Adult Learning and Literacy Services
There are many reasons why adults come to The Newland Center for help. Most are referred by friends, family members, other service agencies and former students. For those who come to us, we provide:
- Help to improve reading skills.
- Tutoring for adults who need math refresher for college entrance.
- Group classes for persons seeking a GED(TASC) diploma.
- Classes for adults who want to learn how to express themselves through writing.
- Financial literacy classes for persons who want to learn how to manage their money.
- Assistance for individuals who wish to prepare a job resume.
- Computer lab for those who want to learn the basics.
- ESL classes
All it takes is a willingness to learn and to commit at least 4-6 hours a week. If you know someone who can benefit from our services and is willing to make that commitment, suggest that they call or stop by The Newland Center and complete an application.
We will contact them and set up an appointment for a follow-up interview, do an evaluation of their educational needs and make tutoring arrangements.